Ashburton District Neighbourhood Support
Neighbourhood Support Coordinator
Neighbourhood Support is a community initiative working to:
- Create safer, more caring communities
- Reduce the incidences and effects of criminal offending
- Strengthening communities’ networks
- Improve quality of life
Due to our current coordinator retiring, Ashburton District Neighbourhood Support is looking for an individual to continue to grow Neighbourhood Support across the Ashburton District. Although we currently have a good base to work from we are looking to further grow the membership of Neighbourhood Support, particularly in rural areas of our district. We require someone with a proven track record in building relationships with individuals from a wide array of backgrounds and partnerships with various groups. The ideal candidate will be able to answer yes to the following questions:
- Are you passionate about community safety and wellbeing?
- Are you a skilled communicator with excellent relationship management?
- Do you have excellent organisational and time management skills?
- Do you have the ability to work in a flexible manner?
Your role would be to maintain, grow, promote and coordinate Neighbourhood Support across the Ashburton District maintaining existing partnerships and seeking new opportunities to support this work. Part of the role is to also maintain our “Gets Ready” database (full training given).
This position is for 22 hours per week.